Event: ‘Happy Feet’ Walk cum Carnival 2011
Venue: Fort Canning
Date: 25 September (Sunday)
Time: 8 am – 1 pm.
In conjunction with the Parks Festival, Veggie Thursday is organising the ‘Happy Feet’ Walk cum Festival on
Sun, 25 Sep, 8am – 1pm at Fort Canning. Entry is free. Below are the details from the organizer:
Expect a fun-filled morning of games, feet pampering activities (such as foot reflexology) and of course, delicious vegetarian food. To cut down on waste, we urge participants to bring their own reusable plates, bowls and utensils. There will also be frisbees for sale available for those who want to try using these also as plates! Two fun things in one, eating and playing –banana leaf included
All participants are encouraged to either go barefoot or wear slippers!
The EXCITING ACTIVITIES LINED-UP include:
- Frisbee Golf by Ultimate Singapore
- Animal Face Mask & Storytelling by ACRES
- Standing yoga by Bala
- Foot Reflexology by SAVH
- Rope Sculpture & Ulam Bagus workshop by NParks
- Treasure Hunt Walk by Singapore Environment Council
- Hands-on composting by Eco Walk the Talk
- Wildlife mobile craft by Cicada Eco Tree-Place
- Face Painting by Pauline
Expect DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN FARE such as:
- environmentally-conscious and socially-responsible vegetarian fare from GREENDOT
- Indian vegetarian dishes prepared largely by volunteer staff selflessly and lovingly from ANNALAKSHMI
- the first dairy-free, all-natural, low-fat organic ice cream made from brown rice from BROWNICE, and
- homemade healing green smoothies from LIN’S SMOODEES
For savings on veggie food, register early for Happy Feet at Nature Society website: http://www.veggiethursday.sg/happyfeet ,click “ATTEND” and provide the necessary information. Registration is free!
Veggie Thursday is a local movement endorsed by several non-profit, non-governmental organizations that promotes health and environment benefits as well as compassion, through one meat-out day a week.